Monday, August 13, 2012

Chapter 8: “At last, senior year”


       It’s been a long 1,460 days. It’s been a short four years. The things I’ve been through and dealt with have made it long and excruciating but the memories I’ve made and the times I’ve shared have made it so much more wonderful. I’ve met so many cool people, and I’ve gotten the chance to have a few of them become my best friends. One of them I plan on keeping as my best friend for a long, long time. Her name is Caitlin, we’ve only known each other for a year in June, but she has been the best, best friend I’ve had besides my sister, and that’s saying something considering half of the population somehow, at one time or another was my best friend. We stretched together, our ears, our hearts and our world. We’ve learned and lived, and it’ll be hard next year being 8 hours away from her and Spencer, while they’re at Baylor and I’m at Union. Spencer has been by my side for 18 years, and all of a sudden we’re going to be ripped apart, on our own, having to fend for our selves. I’ll miss her as much as I love her. I’ll miss Spencer and Caitlin most after graduation, but I’ll also miss how easy we had it in high school, with parents paying for everything, and having no responsibilities. I wont miss the drama, or the immature, ignorant kids whose egos are bigger than the Earth’s population.
I’ve done some crazy fun things that I’m glad I got to be apart of. Like that one time Priya and I drove to Huntsville just cause she was in a driving/adventure kind of mood. We ate pizza, stole a fork from the Papa Johns, and listened to music the whole time. Or another time Kirsten and I sat in my car for a good two hours just hanging out, talking, drawing and laughing. Over Spring Break I watched Katie play in six softball games, four of them were in Mississippi. I hadn’t been there but maybe once before, and those three days and two nights I was there I enjoyed every minute of it. The second night Aunt Tandy got in the mood for some Krispy Kreme donuts at ten at night. We ended up ordering a dozen of them; only eating a couple each and having to take the rest back to Tennessee with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment