Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Chapter 1 “Who am I?”


            A third of three. Born together so miraculously. When my mom got the news it was a shock. My oldest sister, Skyler, at the ripe age of six, wanted just one, if it was possible. But of course, that would only happen if two died, or were given away. Tucker, the second oldest didn’t know what to think, at just four.  
Born in Lubbock, Texas, under the hot summer sun in ‘93, we were the talk of the town. Three all at once, a month and 22 days premature. Tanner was the “tank”, weighing in at a little over four pounds, with Spencer right behind him, at a mere 2 pounds, and last but not least me, 3 pounds and 13 ounces.
We grew up in Spring, Texas, just north of Houston. It’s quite a wonderful and scary thing, living in the same house for thirteen years. You build all these memories; not fully knowing you’ll have to leave them, the place you once loved, and the house that still holds your parents.
I was a happy child, the youngest of five. Always loving, always laughing. Swinging in those swings on the play place in the back yard, trying to touch the sky, not knowing that one day, life would get a lot harder, a lot more complicated, but that it also gets richer and more beautiful.
Most people who know me well call me a dreamer. I’ve got more goals and ambitions than I can remember and most of them are bigger than me alone. I want to change the world. Make documentaries, write, make music, and take pictures that tell marvelous stories. I plan to go to college for photography and music, double majoring in photojournalism and business management; going to school later to get a degree in music business and production, learning to play guitar and fine to my voice in the process, and maybe even go to more school later in life to become an English teacher or professor.
For one of the documentaries I plan to make I want to go around the U.S. posing questions to all sorts of people; homeless, rich, broken, lonely, joyful, and all in between, asking, “What would you say if your story had an audience? What would you tell the world?” I hope to accomplish all of these things, and many more, praising and glorifying God along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment