Monday, August 27, 2012

A Meditation on Psalm 1



            The passage says that you find happiness or joy and fulfillment when you aren’t surrounding yourself or listening to the wicked or sinful, or following them in what they do or be like them and look down on people. Instead of being sinful and giving into your flesh you can find delight in the Lord’s will and plan for your life by meditating, reading over, knowing and living out the Bible. You wont bend or break because you’ll have the strength of a tree that is rooted near a stream and you’ll have the Living Water to get nourishment and strength from, so you’ll end up bearing Fruit of the Spirit and you wont wither or die. Whatever you do you will grow and prosper. People stuck in their sin aren’t like this, they are like dirt and dead grass that blow away in the wind and in turn, they won’t survive judgment day, because they don’t have the saving grace of Jesus and they will be separated from the righteous. Nevertheless the Lord is good and watches over and protects those who are in His will, but the way of sinners leads to death.
            In light of this passage I will find my delight in the Lord’s will, and find joy in having His strength to resist temptation and sin. I shall have the strength like a tree and be firmly rooted in His word and know it in my heart. I will know that because I’m God’s daughter I it doesn’t matter that I was once made of dust but now have so much more worth and value than that and I wont sway or be blown away. I will be confident in knowing I will survive Judgment Day and not have guilt about past sins. I will be thankful that the Lord watches over me and gives me everlasting life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment