Sunday, March 3, 2013

Water Works Part 2

I sat across from you in that Taco Bell booth.
I could have hated it because it was honest, but I loved it because it was true.
Man did the Holy Spirit move.

Lookin back, that conversation could have never happend without the Lord breaking chains and breaking hearts, teaching us to love and teaching us to be real.
Lets not be afraid to speak.

As your tears fell, they washed away my fears.
My fears faded with the image of the boy you once were.
In a second I blinked and your dirty name had been erased.
Replaced, your new name sparkling white as snow.

You are no longer a boy.
You are living what dad taught us.

You told me, "You were so strong. Even with all that depression."
You told me, "I didn't want to know about it. But I knew."

We're learning that the rulers are broken. Rulers dont rule anymore. We are not measured by our past, remember that our past does not measure us. And only through God do we ever measure up.

Our stories are not so different, in fact, we share the same sins.
But,
We are living proof God is still in the business of redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment