Friday, May 17, 2013

Fight and Cheer


Three people.
Or
These are Thank You’s.
Part 3. 


I had a conversation with a friend today. We talked about weddings, funerals and the life people live in between. We talked about the upcoming summer, the upcoming school year, and all the challenges we will face. We talked about her fears and mine, and how we both expect the worst.

I know next year will stretch me, just like this year has.
I know next year will teach me, just like this year has.

She told me, “You aren’t there just to fight temptation”
And man is she right. I don’t have to sit around hoping that I pass the next test, but I can fight, and I can be victorious, and my battles will not be in vain. 
They will see truth in my fight. They will see light in my stance. They will know it isn’t from me.

She told me, “I’m cheering for you”
There is a remarkable sensation that comes with knowing someone is on your side. To know someone is rooting for you, thinking of you, and hoping the best for you.

She told me my story would help someone someday.
She told me things I’d always read about, but needed to hear out loud.
She told me truth.

Thank you for the truth:
“You aren’t there just to fight temptation.”
&
“I’m cheering for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment